Australian Privacy Principles Collection Notice
Lozcurtis Pty Ltd ACN 616 385 141 trading as Lauren Curtis Lounge (Lauren Curtis Lounge)
Last updated: 26 February 2018
This notice covers obligations on Lauren Curtis Lounge Pty Ltd ACN 609 824 848 (Lauren Curtis Lounge) by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
“Personal information” is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Lauren Curtis Lounge takes your privacy, and its privacy obligations, very seriously and is committed to providing you with the best possible customer experience.
It is important that to note that we may change our collection notices from time to time as part of our commitment to ensuring that we comply with all of our obligations under the APPs. We urge you to check to see whether we have amended our collection notices by returning to this site from time to time. To assist in this process, the date of the last update to this collection notice is recorded at the top of this statement.
Further details of the obligations imposed upon organisations under Australia’s privacy laws can be obtained directly from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or by reference to the APPs and the Commissioner’s associated guidelines at www.oaic.gov.au.
- 1. Lauren Curtis Lounge collects personal information in the following circumstances:
- (a) when you register for or use any of our services, our website or any of our applications;
- (b) when you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order products or services through our website;
- (c) through our website;
- (d) through publicly available information services (eg social media, telephone white pages, internet records);
- (e) through referrals from others;
- (f) when we are required to collect the information because of legal or regulatory requirements;
- (g) from our clients when they pass on information in connection with anything we do with or for them;
- (h) when people participate in competitions or surveys conducted by the Lauren Curtis Lounge (or third parties, on our behalf) including, but not limited to, surveys relating to the quality of our services; and
- (i) from referrers who pass information to us on behalf of their clients.
Legal requirements to collect information
- 2. Lauren Curtis Lounge may, from time to time, be required to collect information as a consequence of legal requirements upon us to collect information.
- 3. Further information regarding these obligations can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
Purposes for which information collected
- 4. We collect information on our internet site and elsewhere for the following purposes:
- (a) we collect information to enable us to provide our products, services and information and to improve and refine our operations and website content and functionality;
- (b) we collect information to provide advice to clients and prospective clients with respect to our products and services;
- (c) we collect information about prospective employees and contractors to enable us to consider whether they are suitable to work with us and our clients and users;
- (d) we obtain information to assist us with marketing the products and services of Lauren Curtis Lounge;
- (e) we collect information to enable us to advise our clients and users about additional information or products and services supplied by us (or by third parties) that may be of interest to them;
- (f) we provide personal information to our advisers, contractors and consultants, who provide us with services to assist us with conducting and improving our business;
- (g) we collect information to enable us to efficiently manage our business;
- (h) we collect information to assist with our delivery of services via our website including gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to our users; and
- (i) we collect information for research and statistical purposes.
Consequences to an individual if information not provided
- 5. If any person objects to Lauren Curtis Lounge collecting information about them via its website or otherwise, we may not be able to provide our services and information as effectively, or at all, to that person. Further details may be obtained regarding these consequences by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
Disclosure of personal information
- 6. We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- (a) we may disclose your personal information to other organisations, for example to our related companies (if any), external service providers such as accountants, lawyers, auditors, research consultants and government or regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law;
- (b) we provide personal information to our consultants, advisers and contractors, who provide us with services to assist us with conducting our business;
- (c) we may provide information to consultants, marketing entities and contractors to enable us to market, promote our services and conduct our business through the internet;
- (d) we disclose information for research and statistical purposes; and
- (e) we may store information on data storage facilities provided by third parties.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- 8. It is likely that we will disclose your personal information to overseas recipients (e.g. data storage services and contractors we engage to help us provide the services more cost-effectively) when that disclosure is consistent with the purpose set out above.
- 9. The location of the overseas recipients may vary from time to time depending on the location of the data storage services and which contractors we use. If you would like a list of the location of any overseas recipients used at any given time, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Our contact details and Privacy Officer
- 10. The contact details for Lauren Curtis Lounge are available from this website. The particular contact details for our Privacy Officer are as follows:
- Name: The Privacy Officer
- Email: email@example.com
Non-personally identifying information
- 11. For each visitor to our website, we may collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, pages access times and referring website address.
- 13. Whenever you use our website, and many other websites, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address” and is sent automatically each time you access any internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
- 14. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access the site except where the user has specifically provided it with information about itself, in which case we also record the user’s IP address for security purposes.
- 15. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our website to protect your personal information. Any data containing personal information which we transmit via the internet is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the internet by us, or yourself, is entirely secure. You use our website at your own risk.
Links on our website
Right to gain access to information and complaints handling processes
- 17. We use all reasonable efforts to keep any information that is stored about us or about an individual safe and secure. You have a right to access your personal information subject to some exceptions allowed at law.
- 18. If you wish to gain access to the details of the information we have, please contact with our Privacy Officer. Subject to legal obligations upon Lauren Curtis Lounge, including our rights and obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988, we will provide that access. We may ask you to put your request in writing and we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge to cover our costs for granting that access.
- 19. Should you wish to make a complaint about the manner in which Lauren Curtis Lounge has dealt with any privacy issue, please contact with our Privacy Officer.
Comments or Queries regarding privacy